Central Air Vs. Window Unit

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

forboystoo

Should I invest in a central air unit or just a couple of window units? I live in CA . I am concerned most w/the energy cost..My MH is only 4 months old ....Which unit is most cost effective ?? Ask me any questions you need to assist ...thx
Suzque49

Depending on where you live in California, the most energy efficient cooling would be to install an evaporative cooler. We live in the high desert and except for a couple of days in the summer when it is humid, the evap cooler works great. If you don't want the evap cooler, or live where they don't work, I would imagine the window coolers might be less expensive since you can limit the cooling to the room you are using, and not trying to cool unoccupied space.
Susan
Susan

I also live in California, between San Francisco and Sacramento, where it can get quite warm for days at a time. I have an evaporative cooler on the roof that cools my 1500 sq. ft. double wide really well. I wouldn't change to central air for anything. Using ceiling fans and slightly opened windows (to draw the air) help tremendously to cool the bedrooms on each end of the home. The "swamp" cooler is also much less expensive and maintenance it very affordable.
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue