HVAC options-there has to be a better way

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GraceNC

Is there anything besides a furnace for a mobile home?

Are heatpumps efficient considering the ductwork that has to be done? And how about A/C- there is no attic so how does an air handler go in?

Anyone use anything else?

I need to get something in for A/C (and heat) within the next 3 months.

(renovated and replaced all floors and removed the registers that were at the root of the sinking/sagging floors)
Robert

Hi,

Find 2 to 3 reputable hvac contractors who handle MH hvac or a MH Repair contractor who does mh hvac and get consults with them.

Gas furnaces must be rated for a MH.

Furnaces or Air Handlers go in the home.

Heat Pumps are fine if your area is suited for one.

Ductwork would not be changed for a heat pump unless you went with a packaged heat pump all in one unit outside.

You could also go with normal a/c and heat gas pack packaged unit, same as above, just not a heat pump.

Lots of choices, but most important one is the installer, find him/her FIRST, then listen to the advice given.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
GraceNC

Thanks for the tip.

I'd rather avoid calling someone. My policy is not to go to a salesperson for information....their job is to make a sale. I like to do research in advance.

That's why I posted it here.

My aunt has this Monitor heater...sits in her living room. So by seeing this I know there are alternatives to furnaces....was just hoping others might know of other alternatives.
Robert

Hi,

An installer is way more than a salesman and is the most important link in getting hvac, especially in a MH.

A reputable hvac company will do tests to determine size and type of heat best suited for your homes insulating values and can give valuable info on the different types of heat available.

Thanks for coming here and asking, the answer given is backed by almost 30 years in hvac industry.

Those type heaters are fine for heating a room, but all your waterlines are run through the underbelly and without heat going through the duct trunkline, the waterlines are susceptible to freezing.

Whatever used must also meet codes for being installed and/or used in a MH which is far different from conventional housing.

There is also some solar heating type alternatives, but again have to remember about the waterlines needing heat transfer from duct to prevent freezing.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?