help,I need heat!!

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Cher

Okay..I just bought a mobile home that is 1246 square feet..it has NO DUCTWORK at all..it had a boiler furnace that has died...soooo...do I have ductwork installed with a new gas furnace..or do I put in electric..current amp is 60..so I'm sure this would have to be upgraded...and what would each cost...located in northern Illinois, rural area...please be kind and explain what I should do, I'm a single mom and this is all new and daunting.. :(

thank you for your time
Robert

Hi,

Moving this to HVAC Forums (All Other HVAC Questions Forum), please follow it there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi ,

Find a reputable HVAC company who handles MH's or MH Repair company that does hvac.

You will need ductwork either way.

Need 200A service for electric.

Since you need all ductwork, you could consider regular home ductwork and either a gas pack packaged unit (all in one outside) or an inside furnace so long as it is rated for a MH for gas venting/combustion.

With normal ductwork, you wouldn't need a special blower rated for MH ducts.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rod

Cher,

Why not try to to find a replacement boiler?
tinyone

Cripes! So sorry to hear about this. Please, I know, my heat went out like 4 times this year. I live in IL also. Unfortunately, I'm not much help here. I sure hope you can get it fixed/get a new one. Good luck!