filter for A-Coil

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rosemary

I was told by an Hvac repairman that I can lay a washable piece of filter directly onto the A-coil for filtration instead of trying to tape filters inside the vented door where my AC system is located. Will this harm the A coil in any way? Thanks, Rosemary
Robert

Hi Rosemary,

Measure size of louvered panel, buy two cut to fit fibered hogs hair filters, cut to size and install one behind the louvered door pressing in under the edge lips.

Small square grids facing a-coil .

You can get a filter clip to hold in place if needed, but usually not neccessary.

Much better than what the hvac tech suggested.

By getting two, every 30 days you remove, replace with second one and have 30 days to clean dirty one.

Clean with warm water and liquid dish soap, rinse well and air dry.

Lasts 8 mos. to a year each.

Call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 to order if interested.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tritontr

I will also add why Roberts idea is better . If you will notice when the a/c is running in the warmer months that there is condensate water running down your A-coil fins into the drain pan. if you lay the filter to close to the coil and obstruct the water flowing down the fins it could reroute the water and miss the pan causing water to end up running down the side of your air handler and on to the floor.
Rosemary

Thanks everyone. I agree. I thought that did not sound like a great idea. Rosemary
Robert

Hi Rosemary,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?