furnace replacement

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Popsicle_toes

Looking into a new furnace for my 85 singlewide. any tips for this? my mother had an exterior all in one gas unit placed for her doublewide, but so far, I have been told there is no unit like that rated for a mobile home. (Looking into that when i can get up there and find out what brand it is) any price range I should be expecting? the first estimate was a lot of sticker shock! mom's unit was 1200 4 years ago, they were talking 3800 for me for just the furnace... sounds screwy to me! Unfortunately, her dealer isn't licensed for my town, so can't use them.
Doni
proud owner of doni's dump!
Robert

Hi Doni,

Because we sell parts for and work on all brands for MH's and some others, we do not get into recommending units.

Price ranges vary depending on location, company, homeowner desires and that needs to be done locally.

Find hvac companies with MH experience and go from there.

What you're wanting is a Gas Packaged Unit (Gas Pack) and they are available for MH's.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Popsicle_toes

thanks anyway.. the first estimate from a highly rated local company... didn't recognize it was propane, even tho I had specifically said so.. offered a used ac to go with, but no price, etc.. the second.. condemned my furnace on the spot.. loose, cracked, etc I owe the man a steak dinner.. We were getting gassed with co and had no idea. The furnace in place was too small for the house, probably a used one stuck in by a former owner. And huge ice storm here yesterday, as. well space heaters have it covered for now, new furnace next Saturday done right.. Replacing the flue, all the copper pipe, etc.. natural gas instead of propane.
I'm just grateful i had decided to replace it. The HVAC person that checked it previously never said a thing about the danger.
Doni
proud owner of doni's dump!
Robert

Hi Doni,

You're very welcome, happy to help and glad the problem was found in time.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?