does this sound good to you?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

RIVERPOSIE

I just installed a brand new Coleman oil fired furnace in my mobile home..Here are the specs. The home is 30 years old..it has 2X4 walls...It is insulated, I put house wrap on the entire thing & new vinyl siding..I put new Andersen windows..It has basically been completely re-built...Now to the question ...When the outdoor ambient temperature is 15 degrees, the furnace only runs approx. 2-3 times during the day for a 12 hour period for approx 8 minutes.. At night at the same 15 degree outside ambient temp., the furnace runs approx. once every 30 minutes for a period of 8 minutes...the thermostat maintains a 2 degree differential in the interior temperature set at 72 degrees....I really think this is wonderful but i need some more advice from a pro....please let me know if this is fine...I have absolutely no air leaks anywhere inside.....new steel doors, storm doors & 1 1/2" floors...
Robert

Hi,

It all depends. Would need all the temps and what is on and what is off and temp rise and how much the temp climbs in that period of running, utility bill, etc.

It sounds pretty good, but if you are concerned, have an hvac tech do a check and see if the furnace is meeting its design specs.

I just don't like guesstimates when the true factual data can be had.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?