Air Temperature Difference

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jhatfield

First off, I have a 28 x 56 Redman on a basement. I have an electric furnace that says Intertherm on the door. My home is 4 years old. My first question is, the air temp. coming out of the registers in the back half of the house (this is where the furnace is located) is approx. 100 degrees. However, the air temp. coming out of the registers in the front half of the house is only 85 degrees. Is this typical? If not, what are my options? The second question is, since my home is on a basement and I am beginning the process of finishing the basement, is it o.k. and energy efficient to remove the road barrier and insulation in the ceiling? IOr do the plenums and ducts need to be kept in insulation? Thanks for all replies!
Robert

Hi,

Check under home cross-over duct that is below underbelly and connects the two halves of home duct trunklines.

See if it is kinked or loose or torn.

The underbelly keeps critters/rodents out, protects floor from moisture/rot and holds heat transferred from ducts inside belly to keep watrelines from freezing.

With a basement, a lot of that is covered or can be.

If basement is well insulated and/or heated, should be ok to remove.

Main thing is to cover all concerns listed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?