Not enough heat at vents

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

4lford

I purchased a used doublewide last year, anyway when i run my furnace the bathroom and bedrom right beside the furnace get HOT, but the rest of the house stays cold, little air comes out of the vents, ive already checked the vents out they look fine there is no connecting duct for the two halfs, when they put it together, the ducts just sancwiched in the middle, i noticed when i take my front door off the heater the flow gets better, is there a way to incrase my fan speed or am i just s.o.l.

Thanks for any advice
Robert

Explain the sandwiched the ducts in the middle. Should have a crossover duct connecting the two main ducts trunklines.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
4lford

Yea there is no crossover just where the two halves come together the ducts aresandwiched together
Robert

So both the duct trunklines run along the marriage line parallel to one another ?

If so, would get an hvac tech to inspect that because it would be a first for me.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
A/C Jay

I think what he's saying is the cross-over duct is built into the metal duct work and connects the two main trunk lines, and they meet up when the two halves of the house are lined up. I've seen this design many times, and this problem many times. When they do it this way the connector duct is the same size as the main trunk lines and the secondary trunk line never gets enough airflow.

Jay
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Robert

I've seen it too, but I do not guess at what they're saying, I let them clarify.

Anyway, this thread is over 3 months old, please do not post on threads older than 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Robert
A/C Jay

Robert,

If there's a rule on this forum of not opening old threads, I apologize...My bad.

I am a member of many forums, on various subjects ranging from auto racing to hunting, to fishing, to HVAC, to.......

I've seen many people search up old threads and find answers to their questions without ever having to post at all. Actually on most forums this is encouraged. That does not seem to be the case here.

Sorry for my intrusion into your world.

I'll back off now and let you sell your parts.

Jay
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Robert

Whatever Jay, your attitude is getting old. Opening an old thread and finding an answer is a lot different than opening threads 3+ months old that was done and feeling the need to answer it to your satisfaction.

That wastes my time reading old threads and weeding through them to get to the current ones.

I'm also a member of many forums about nascar, hunting, fishing, hvac and such and have been for years.

I've also been here for 9 years and probably know better than you what this site needs and what makes it run smooth.

Just because something is not posted by me, doesn't mean I don't know it, but maybe, just maybe, I have learned through the years what and what not to post for homeowners DIY.

August will be 30 years in hvac from mobile homes all the way to large industrial plants.

A lot more here than selling parts, but you're welcome to your opinion.

You're also welcome to exit any time things don't please ya.

Thanks,
Robert