popping noise solved

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

homebuff

:) the popping noise in my register is fixed ever since i replace the a- coil & thermostat & repaired my outside unit. a/c & heater working great. going to look into getting someone to come out & clean the duct channels out since they are full of debris & mold. a/c blows out very cold & thermostat seems to be working better than the old manual one. thanks for all your support. :D
Robert

Be very careful having them cleaned by duct cleaning companies, those ducts are very fragile and flimsy.

Easily damaged and/or destroyed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lane

Be VERY careful on who you have do this. I'd suggest getting a list of specific steps and the equipment used to clean the ducts. ALSO, who replaces the ducts when they're damaged???? Check some references as well.

I know a company that does/did this in Texas and their license was pulled for numerous reasons. Unnecessary repairs and inexperienced techs was the major problem. Training by video and at most one week....and that's INEXPERIENCED people. NOT what I call trustworthy or safe either.

Just my input on this from experience. :wink:
homebuff

thanks for that info i will keep it in mind. tried it myself along time ago w/ a long pvc pipe taped to the vacuum hose. got all the debris out ok but still left the grime buildup, mold etc. tried using a mop, LOL! was too hard to accomplish.