Need 24 VAC relay to switch 115 VAC

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Maineman

We have a mobile home with well water and a holding tank below the house. The 9 cubic foot area around the holding tank is enclosed with 2” foam board. I installed two 80-watt light bulbs wired through a thermostatically controlled 115 VAC switch to turn on the light bulbs when the temperature in the cubicle drops below 40 degrees. A second thermostatically controlled 115 VAC switch turns on an alarm in the house when the temp drops below 30 degrees. They are cheap switches not designed for this application but have worked OK until now. The contacts look burned enough to limit current flow. Hopefully you heating guys can help me with locating either mechanical thermostats or 24 VAC ones than can be set to 30 degrees and a reliable 24VAC relay that will switch 115VAC. A critique of my heater/alarm system would be appreciated.

Like the new forum format. Easy to use, more choices of where to post relevant questions and very professional looking.

Thanks,

Tom
hvac1000

You might be able to find a few line voltage t-stats on ebay or a local HVAC/refrigeration supply house. Normal HVAC thermostats do not go down that far in temperature.

Sounds like you have a Rube Goldberg going for you and i am glad this system works for you. Be careful with electric.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.