Fuel change

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hiskid1973

I just had my Miller CMF-80 downfired with a .50 nozzel..he said it is running 82% eff..I jsut see the flame tips coming up...I got a fill of fuel oil with an additive and had no problems with some below zero windchills..I have the line covered with pipe insulation up to the furnace floor.Due to the cold weather I am going to have to get another 150 gallons of oil before spring..I was wondering if I get kero this time if it will burn any different and if I need to get it readjusted?..Does burning just kero or fuel oil with additve affeft furnace life? Thanks >God Bless You..
hvac1000

There is a slight BTU difference between #2 fuel oil and #1 kero as you call it. The # 2 has more BTU content per gallon and depending upon the price is a better deal. No matter what fuel you use you should still have an annual tune up oil filter change ETC. 82% is a high number for an oil furnace and I guess he used a CO meter and a thermometer to get that reading.

If you have no freeze up problems in your area with #2 I would use it because of the slightly higher BTU content of the oil.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.