salvaged kerosene heater help

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

Well I didn't know where else to ask for help it's been awhile since I've cheked out the forum recent projects include a 30 x 40 Muller building (self installed) and and abouve ground pool yea! Well we have been trash picking (too many repos in the neighborhood) we came across an Everglow PT-E4. The old fuel was glumpy and the wick was shot. I cleaned it up swished k-1 through it dumped all the gunk in the burn pit and installed the new wick. Worked like a charm but the wick was a little uneven so I readusted it and after about the fifth load of fuel it starts great guns burns clean the perforated sleave glows orange the flame is blue then after a few little while it just slows down keeps burning but very low BTW I have good vent under the kitchen door. Help?
Thanks
jennifer

O.K now it slows down and burns out all buy it's self the wick is clean soft no carbon it's like the wick can't get fuel, the tank is full the reservoir is full?
thanks
jenh
archive

Sounds like some of the glunk/junk was left in the heater tank. This in turn attached itself to the wick and now the glunk/junk will not allow the wick to take any more oil up from the tank.

hvac1000