so I just bought a Mobil home opps

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

hornbeam

Hello I just bought a 1987 champion Atlantic 14x 66 I got it for a song last week kinda came up all of the sudden and I need a bigger place to live due to a baby due in April. I have worked for remodeling contractors for the last decade but the only Mobil home experience I have is a couple of floor replacements.... OK so there's the history now on to my heating problem I have a home \miller cmh 80 a when I got this place the last owner said the heat didn't work very well in the far ends . I crawl under there today and find the large cold water line has a tee right above the duct and this tee has been leaking for what looks like years leading to rotting of a large section of the trunk about three feet long. I just ripped the broken section out and stuffed all the fiberglass insulation I could find in there to block it off .left me with heat in half the Mobil home I'm in NY . so can anyone tell me where to get sections of this ducting or if there is a better way to fix this please ??
hornbeam

Is there anyone on these forums ? I just need to know where to get replacement ducts or mabey they sell adapters for changing over to 6 inch insulated ducts?
Greg

The heating sections of the site are a little "weak".

Depending on the duct size you may be able to find it locally. There are heating contractors that can make ducts, or you may think about replacing all of the duct work with heavier gauge ducts.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

I would start with the old yellow pages or on the net. Look for heat duct distributors in your area. If you have a size like I was going to replace (3 1/2" x 14 1/4") you might have to either get it made or find a mobile home parts place that might have it. Good luck in your quest. This site might be able to help you. http://www.audubonsupply.com/browse.cfm ... 41,37.html

Ron