Thinking About a Mini-Split.

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rockncountry101

Due to a terrible duct system underneath my home and a very noisy system I am considering a mini-split ductless system. My home is only 858 square feet. Does anyone have any experience with these units?
DaleM

Never heard of them.
1987Commodore

I do remember some threads about them on here somewhere.
jpingram5

Yes I have installed quite a few of these before. In fact, it's all I try to install on the side anymore cause their fairly easy to do and it's a quick pay day :wink: . I highly recommend Fujitsu & Mitsubishi because I believe they are the best ones out. I'm going to assume you are going to be using it for both heat & cool? So you be looking at a heat pump mini-split. Now if your winters get pretty cold you may want to get one that has electric strip backup built into it. Most mini-splits are 15 SEER or high. I've installed Fujitsu's 23+ SEER already. But your talking serious bucks.

I did a 2 BR mobile home close to your size. I put a 9,000 BTU unit in the master bedroom. And then a 18,000 BTU in the living room for the rest of the house and it worked out great. These units did not have the electric backup as they had a pellet stove for backup heat.

http://www.fujitsugeneral.com/wallmountedRLF.htm
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80