Cover Furnace?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Willow

Is there an affordable and safe way to cover a furnace that is in the wall but has no door or covering on it?
Yanita

Hi Willow,

Quick answer...I would think you would need to replace the original louvered door, there is suppose to be filter in there.

I am going to move this to the HVAC forum, Heating Venting and Air Conditioning.

Robert or HVAC will reply from there.

Have a great day.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
gram2logan

We replaced the door in front of our furnace, but we also had a new furnace installed first. The filter is attached to the front of the furnace which sits in a little closet-like area. The original door was made from the same paneling as the walls and had a vented area too. We bought a wooden louvered door and it works just fine. I don't have a picture of the furnace door, but it looks exactly like this one in front of our water heater! So I would say if there's an existing door, you could do what we did. If there's no door and just the furnace sitting there, you probably should leave it alone. The place where we lived previously had the furnace in the hallway and it wasn't meant to be totally enclosed. Even though we had a new furnace installed there too, it was left open.
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Robert

Hi,

Are you saying it is totally open on front of furnace, as in you can see the components inside the furnace ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?