Miller Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

MobileMike

I have a Miller furnace with a seized motor. I heat my home with a pellet stove and use the furnace to circulate the air in the home. There are so many model #'s in there I have no clue which one is mine. I am too cheap to pay the $300.00 for someone to replace it, the going rate where I live. My question is, how do I figure out what the hp is for the motor? as well, what happens, let say, its 1/4hp and I put in a 1/2hp motor? The furnace is set up to use propane but not connected. Thanks for any help
Mid 70's Atco single wide 14x70 , 2x4 construction
jpingram5

Blower motor I assume were talking about. Pull it out on it should have a spec plate on it and then you can get all your info off there. You might be ok with using the 1/2 HP, but check the amp draw and rpms first. A direct replacement would be the best idea.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
MobileMike

Thanks, Never thought of actually looking at the motor. Turns out its 1/8hp.
Mid 70's Atco single wide 14x70 , 2x4 construction
jpingram5

Usually you can get away with going up to the next size but that can depend. Depending where you can go such as a HVAC supply house they should be able to match it up for you and it shouldn't be all that expensive. Some places will let you buy if you open a cash account.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80