Furnace Filter Replacement and Location

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

abradford87

I purchased a 2005 Four Seasons Mobile home this past Fall. The individual that lived there before me, never had a filter. I am unsure if I am looking in the correct place. I looked on the door that (metal with vents) that is on the furnace - Which is not closing very well by the way. Anyway, I cant find a fliter for fit that door, as every one that I get is too thick.

Im not sure of the exact measurements - If you can help me with that, nor am I sure if this is the correct place to be looking for my filter replacement. Any help will be appreciated. This is the same furnace that came with it when it was purchased new. - Not sure of brand, if you can tell me where to locate that as well. It is an electric furnace. Sorry for the big question(s).
Greg

Hi & welcome. Many Mobile home furnaces only have a thin sheet of foam in the metal door as a filter. Some people have fit standard filters rather than the foam.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."