Interthherm model M3RL080ABW

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mark7

Good afternoon. I am a newcomer to this site and need some advice.I have an Intertherm furnace model 3RL080ABW serial #M3A060303979. It is installed in a 5 year old Schult home, model Manor Hill Select. I want to get a matching A/C system installed. There have been 3 different A/C contractors that have
differing opinions on how to handle the condensate from the coil, also how big a unit. It is a 1850 sq. ft. home located in northern Wisconsin. I figure maybe a 2 1/2 ton or 3 ton. One guy thought it would be ok to simply run a PVC pipe through the belly wrap and outside the block on the bottom of the house. Another wanted to use a condensate pump and run the condensate into the laundry, but that is a bad idea, who wants to see the hose? I have contacted Schult at least 2 times to get their recomendations but they have not replied. I spoke to the dealer and asked for him to find out, but so far nothing. There must be a way to use the condensate drain system from the furnace. Does any one know of a site that explains how to install this properly? My biggest fear is the lineset going through the belly wrap, and mice getting in. It is a problem already where they get in the sink cabinet in the utility room. I can't get to the pipes where they go through the floor. There is a shelf near the floor. The whole cabinet is solid. I appreciate any and all suggestions.Thank you.