Need some assistance with an Intertherm FEH-012H

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DrLitebur

Yes, I know, a dinosaur by today's standards, but I need some help trying to figure out what is wrong with my above-listed heater. It will shut off and turn on correctly, but will not blow out heat, instead blowing out the same temperature cold air. It is as if the heating elements are not working right. That is how I would describe it if it were a stove.

I am not sure just how to describe it further. The model is, once again, an Intertherm FEH-012H
flcruising

Have you looked at the wiring inside the unit to make sure they are all connected? Look for any burnt wires as well.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
DrLitebur

Just did a second exam of the internal wires, and I did not see any damaged, burnt, or otherwise compromised wires. Heck, they almost looked new, like they were replaced recently (just not in the last two years). The unit worked last year, when winter ended, so this has me a little perplexed. I am hoping it will be a simple fix, as I do not have a lot of money to fix it, or have a professional come out to fix it.
flcruising

Check for voltage on the element side of the sequencer circuit. This of course would require a multimeter.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Ranvar

Have you managed to solve the problem?

------------
Anytone AT-400C CDMA Cellular Repeater Review?
spy headphones for mobile phone