Miller CMF80-AG

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

arctic tundra

I've always owned a home. Now I've been forced to down size. I have a Miller CMF80 nat. gas furnace. I've fixed most all duct work leaks but... At the base of the unit is an area aprox. 6" X 12" that lets in a very solid and steady flow of direct outside air. Now please forgive my ignorance, but, this opening should not be here, is this a true statement? This unit I believe brings in makeup air through the door & filter not from outside. should I patch this opening. I feel there was another unit there years ago and this was never properly attended to. please give me your opinion.
Robert

Hi,

Check and see if you have a 2 pipe flue/roof jack. If so, your combustion air comes from outer pipe.

IF not, it may be bringing it in through that opening. In MH's, all gas furnaces must be sealed and combustion air be brought in from outside the home.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
arctic tundra

Robert, thanks ever so much as I am ever so humbly grateful.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?