Filter availability for package Unit

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

I had our Packaged A/C Heat Pump Unit serviced yesterday because it was shutting down when it got too cold and the Electric Element wouldn't kick in. Also had the annual filter change.
One Element was broken and and replaced, along with a system diagnostic. Free under warranty.

The filter was $99.00. I got the MFG name and number off the filter and it looks like I can buy a pack of 2 for around $50.00 or so.
Any recommendations as to an on-line retailer where I can get a couple? Not sure who is reliable. You know how the internet is. Then I do my own changes.

The unit is a Goodman GPH13H Packaged Heat Pump. Really heats up a storm.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi Lorne,

Don't know anyone local. Call Mark Monday at 605-229-2627.He probably has what you need or can get it.

The filter should be cleaned or changed every month or so to maintain a good working system.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

I forgot I posted this.
The filter is roughly 20x25x5 inches.
Once a month is a little to expensive even at $25 and the enclosure is a bear to open up outside. Sheet tin, custom made to fit between the Package Unit and the house.
Usually we get it replaced at the change of every season or twice a year.I will try to give him a call and find out.
One thing about this big unit, it REALLY sucks through the over sized return vent
Thanks.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Change to a washable filter to solve cost. Then have filter rack placed under return grille in home to solve hard to get to problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

Didn't know there was that type, thanks.

If and when we ever finish interior projects, then the filters will last longer. :lol:
Then I won't have anything to do, how sad. :roll:
Robert

You live in a manufactured home. You'll always have something to do, whether it is routine maintenance or a repair.

If not for a short time though, I am sure you would get by. :wink:

Hogs hair filters are washable by the way.

Thanks,
Robert