Furnace filter location?

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tmcbrear

I have an older mobilehome (Viking/Imperial)built in 1971 and it has a combination forced air furnace and A/C. The A/C unit is on the ground in the rear and the furnace is a Payne located in a cabinet in the side of the mobilehome. I have taken off the middle door on the furnace and the control and heat tubes are there, the lower one has some controls but is pretty well sealed. There is one more door that requires several screws to be removed, what am I likely to find in this area. I am running out of places to look for the filter?!

TJ
Robert

Is it gas or electric furnace ?

Middle door likely the blower assembly. Where are the supply registers ? In the floor or in the ceiling ?

Find where the return air is coming to blower motor and that is where the filter will be or go.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?