Vexar by York Alarm on the attic fan

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lkridgway

I have a Vexsar by York and the alarm goes off from time to time until I finally figured out how to shut it off. The furance works ad blows hot but the lights are flashing red. It says something about the attic fan? What is it and where is it? I looked at the manufactures manuel and it say to contact someone to have them come look at it. Money is tight and I wanted to know if there is something I can do. Do you think the vents that go outside are plugged or is the fan bad?
Greg

Hi & welcome. I'm going to move this to the heating section of the forum, Perhaps someone there will some ideas for you. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi,

That is the Deluxe Blend Air System which is separate from the furnace and a/c.

Go here to read about it and get troubleshooting steps and help:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/Ar ... ndAir.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lkridgway

Thanks! We did the troubleshooting and found out that it's the upper control board. But we are pretty sure that it's the relay switch it looks like it got hot and burnt. HOPEFULLY a cheaper fix than we thought! Can we fix the relay on our own or do we have to get it fixed somewhere else? Thanks Again!
Robert

Here is our blend air parts page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanBlendAir.html

What relay are you referring to ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?