A/C runs continously

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pbarr57

Have a Nordyne/Intertherm, Model # FEBB-015HA, Ser# FEB9312-03621-a/c runs continously, where would I start to troubleshoot the unit running all the time. Also if the drain pan is plugged, could you use a small flexible wire to run into the drain?--Thanks
flcruising

Runs continuously? Does it reach the temperature of the t-stat and keep on dropping? Is it cooling like it always has? Is your t-stat set to 50 degrees? If you bump your t-stat above the indoor temperature does it shut off? I think a little more explanation is needed.

Easiest way to unclog a condenser drain that I know of, is to duct tape the hose of a shop vac to the discharge end and suck out the muck.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Robert

Hi,

Is the indoor blower motor shutting off, BUT outside condensing unit continuing to run ?

Wet-Dry vac and duct tape to drain line termination point as flcruising stated is best DIY for clearing drain lines.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?