Miller MGHA 070ABFC-05

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bproctor

We live in Wyoming where there is high wind. We cannot keep the pilot light lit on this furnace. Have replaced the thermal regulator. Also last time the pilot light went out and tried to re-light it actually blew flame out of it. Have not tried to re-light again, but we are in the middle of a severe blizzard and need ideas. Does it need replaced?
Greg

You may indeed need to replace it, If my memory is correct, they are not that expensive, you may want to keep a spare on hand if you are having problems.
It sounds to me like you are getting a down draft, perhaps there is a different style cap that you could put on the vent, the old wind vane style comes to mind if they still make them. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

These are hard to troubleshoot from here. Roof-jack,pilot burner, pilot tubing, pilot orifice are some of possible problems.

May need an hvac tech to test system.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?