Trane Heating elements burnt out

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Pirate

Model/ bay96x1532a I have six elements and have three tags 2- 672 p10 11520w and one tag that says 672 po9 8640 watt are these ratings the total for each pair or does each element have to be the rated watt example will 4 -5k and 2-4k elements work right now I have only three working on the different levels.I had my heating guy come over well you know,need a whole new system.
Robert

Hi,

In 30+ years, I have yet to recommend a new furnace replacement for an electric furnace.

Do you know the KW rating for the unit or the KW rating of each element ?

I don't have any data for that unit, but you can either replace the element assemblies or restring them.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Pirate

The only tag is at each level of two elements thats what the po9 and p10 ratings but wasn't sure if both element pairs are total rated or each separate rated.I have not seen anything on my eguipment that shows any information for as unit rating.We have a total of 2600 sq ft living space if that helps any.
Pirate

Back the trane up.lol Does 31.68 kw sound close for a system of such.that would mean each level of elements would be the total for each pair because I have 2 assemblies that are 11.52k and 1 that is 8.64k wonder if I could just use 6 rated 5k I would be short 1.68k it would still be better then the 15.84k Im trying to heat the home with now.What you think.Also we sure do miss Coach Pearl up here in Southern Indiana.Must be nice to live down there in God's country.
Robert

Hi,

Yep, that's the ratings needed. Try calling Mark (may have to call several times to get through)toll free at 1-877-263-7860 Mon thru Fri 9A to 4P.

Give him the model and rating info and see if he can get the exact replacements.

Otherwise, you would probably have to restring and maybe lose a few kw's.

My mother-in-law remarried after my father-in-law passed away and they live in Indiana.

Tennessee is 1/2 of God's country, NW South Carolina where I'm from is the other half.

As for Coach Pearl, don't like or dislike him, just not a UT fan, but he is a tremendous coach.

My hometown is Clemson, SC (my team) and here I'm an adopted Memphis fan.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?