My Chromalox HAF 310D Fan Blower

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ColdinCambridge

I have a Chromalox HAF 310 D Electric Hot Air Furnace. The Furnace works well for a while after you turn it on but the the Blower will stop kicking in. The elements are still working. If you turn it off for a while and start it back up it will work again but eventually do the same thing.
Robert

Hi,

I don't have any data on that unit, but it will have either a sequencer(s) or Contactor(s) that control the elements and blower.

Whichever is most common for that problem.

How many elements and what is furnace KW rating ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ColdinCambridge

10 Kw - 2 elements. On the schematic inside, there is a "FRH" (Fan Relay Heating). the wiring from the Element relays that are controled by the thermostat lead into that and the live feed goes in as well. The only wire going to the motor comes out of there. I have attached a sketch (if it worked) of the wires on the FRH. Is this what you are calling the sequencer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Can you take a pic of the wiring diagram ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?