Bryant Heat Pump won't heat or cool

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

david

The quick backstory is I have a '96 Mascot (1500 sq/ft) with a 2.5 ton heat pump w/ elect. supp. heat. Have never really had any problems and has been a more than ample system, but this summer (SC heat/humidity) I started noticing it didn't seem to have quite the cooling capacity and my bills were higher than normal. I kinda got sidetracked from getting around to having it looked at. Fastforward to the cooler temps of fall and I began to notice it seemed to run a lot more just to keep the house around 70. Well, today the temps dropped and I discovered it was running full time today and the temp wouldn't climb above 65. I called for elect. heat and it came on, but even then it didn't even seem as warm as in the past. I realize it's getting time to have the entire system replaced, but right now I have a call in for someone to come and look and just wanted to have an idea ahead of time for what it could be.

Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Checked underneath home and see if cross over duct is loose, kinked, damaged, etc... .

Also use flashlight and mirror by laying light doen in duct and hold mirror in duct at next register and look toward light to inspect duct.

Has evaporator coil been cleaned ?

Could have developed a leak and have low charge.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?