blower won't come on

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nattydreadlocks

I have a duo therm modle#717060-001 furnce. It's a propane furnace. I heard it fire up and the blower come on for 30 seconds or so then it just conked out. Seconds later I smelled a funny smell. I turned it off, checked to make sure it was not on fire and put my hand on top of the blower. It was hot. I then turned the furnace back on and the blower came on as usual minus heat. This did not alarm me because the furnace usually blows for a minute or so at the end of a heat cycle to cool everything down. Unfortunately, one hour later, I have no heat. The standing piolt is let, although their is not the usual inferno inside the furnance as when it functioning properly and blowing hot air. I suspect the blower is my source of pain sence the furnace does not appear to have a bunch of relays and no fuses. What do you think? If it is the blower, how do I check it?
Robert

Hi,

Check to see if you have a manual rest limit switch near or around the blower housing, maybe on the side of it.

It may have tripped due to no blower and would explain no burner now.

As for blower, do you have heat only or heat and a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?