G.E. Condenser Fan Motor Wiring Help Please

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pastorjakes

Please Help Me.... I have a Goodman unit model MK 35-18. I replace Condenser Fan Motor and Cap(40/5 MFD 440 volt dual round). I forgot to write down the wiring diagram. Can you help me to hook the unit up right? The Condenser Fan Motor wires color are Orange, Blue and Black. I have the compressor wires hookup as followed yellow(start) to cap (h), red(run)T2 black(common)T1. I have no idea where to hook the Condenser Fan Motor wires. :(
Robert

Hi,

Condenser fan motor wiring is shown on the motor sticker.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
pastorjakes

Thank you Robert for your fast reply. I see a diagram on the fan motor but I dont understand it all the way.(sorry)
Blue ---------------- cap
Orange --------------- * line
Black ---------------- * line
I dont understand the diagram. I dont know where to put the wires on the cap fan or common. I dont want to mess anything up. As i have been working on this unit for four days. My wife is now saying that it is too hot to cook in this mobile home and the kids are hot. Robert I have been reading lots of your posts and I see that you are real good at what you do. So i reach out for your help. I really need to understand the diagram but I am new to this. I have plave only one yellow wire(compressor) to the cap(h)
Robert

Hi,

Compressor wires:

Yellow/Start = Run Capacitor HERM or H

Red/Run = Contactor T2

Black/Common = T1

Condenser Fan wires:

Blue = Run Capacitor FAN or F

Black = T1

Orange = Run Capacitor COM or C

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
pastorjakes

Robert, Thank You very much. I will try it now. Do I need the jumper that was at T2 to Cap. common?
Robert

Hi,

Yes, you will need that for it to work. You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
www.mobilehomerepair.com
pastorjakes

Okay Robert, Thank You So Much for all your help and good info. BTW, Robert keep up the good work. We all should be helpers one unto another..... :)
Robert

Hi,

Will do and thank you for inquiring with us and for the kind words of encouragement. :)

Take care and best wishes,
Robert