Miller Furnace - Heat travels backwards

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

snoopyslr

model - MGHA-070AAFC-02

I don't know what the deal is with my furnace, but it seems that the flame is back-traveling and tripping the temp-switch. I don't understand whats going on here. I don't believe this furnace has a back draft fan, because the tube goes directly into the vertical exhaust.

What is happening is the tube that is running up the right side of the heat chamber seems to be sucking. This is causing the flame to travel up that tube and heating the surrounding metal up, triggering the heat switch that is just to the left of the tube. Any help would be great, I need to get this running asap, its getting cold out.
Robert

Hi,

Not sure if this is taken care of yet or not, but I would get an hvac tech out to diagnose it.

Not something I would be willing to try from here as it is a safety issue that needs to be addressed in person asap.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?