Elements heat up by Blower does'nt come on

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rich

I have an " InterTherm" electric furnace (1996 Mobile Home) that when the thermostat calls for heat the elements heat up and kick off after several seconds because the blower dose'nt kick on. This has been an intermittent problem for a few days until today.

I can make the blower run from the T-stat or by moving the switch on the furnace to auto so I don't believe the problem is in the blower or the t-stat.

Any ideas??

Thanks........Rich
Robert

Hi Rich,

Most likely a bad sequencer, what is furnace model number and brand ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rich

Robert, It's a Nordyne model # E2EB-815HA. I don't know how furnaces work so let me ask, if the sequencer is bad the elements can still come on when the thermostat calls for heat?

Thanks....Rich
Robert

Hi Rich,

For your furnace, you have 3 element coils.

The sequencer has 3 sets of contacts, one for each element.

ONE of those three also controls the blower.

So, if that set fails, the other two will still energize thier elements, but the one for the element/blower will not.

Sequencer # 01-0842 can be seen and ordered through Paypal

from this page on left side :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?