Intertherm Mac 2254

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bobby

I am working on a Intertherm MAC2254 electric furnace. All the syptoms seem to point toward the sequencer. The heating element stays on after the temperature has been reached and the fan turns off. Also, at times the furnace blows warm air and at other times it blows nice really warm air as if one coil only works intermitantly. The question is, where is the sequencer located as I cannot see anything that looks like one.
Robert

Hi,

Will have to dig out old service manual to see where it is located on that dinosaur.

Should have it to you sometime tomorrow evening late.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bobby

It is a dinosaur, I bevieve made in 1972. It is at a lake property and only used 3-5 times a year, so it is in good shape. Last year I used it by turning the fan switch from autp tp on and turned the breakers on and off as I needed heat.[]
Robert

The service manual lists the heater controls, but does not show them in parts pictorial/furnace breakdown pic.

It/they should be in control box or close by.

Look for element coil ends and see where the wires from them go.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bobby

Is there a part number or price for this sequencer??
Robert

Will have to see if there are any replacement p/n's which is doubtful on a furnace that old.

Thanks,
Robert