Intertherm FEB-015HAC-04

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mikeevenson

Greetings! Fabulous site by the way.

I've got an '89 Intertherm electric furnace model FEB-015HAC-04. Yesterday it just stopped working. No heat, no blower. I've flipped the breaker, checked the wiring, and there's current to everything. I've flicked the fan switch from auto to on and vice versa and nothing. I've checked the thermostat and it seems to be working fine. I did notice on one end of the transformer, there's no power, but on the other end there is. Both the fuses have power at both ends, and there's juice going to the motor. Any thoughts?
mikeevenson

Update: It's the load side of the transformer that has no power.
Robert

Hi,

IF you have 240VAC to primary-line side of xfmr and 0VAC from secondary-load side of xfmr, replace the xfmr.

xfmr = transformer.

Also, in case a short somewhere blew the xfmr, get a 3 amp ATC automotive type fuse and fuse holder and splice into the 24v power wire on secondary-load side.

This will keep from losing another xfmr.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?