Intertherm AC, what ton?

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Can anyone tell from this model # what ton ac I have? This # is directly off of the compressor. The compressor has the brand name Copeland on the same paper tag that I'm getting the model # from. It is an Intertherm package unit.

Model # CRG3 0250 PFU 230

Thanks, Dave T.
hvac1000

32,700 BTU capacity per Copeland. That would probably make it a 2 1/2 to 3 ton unit since both sizes of units have used this compressor.
The difference being the size of the condenser coils for the different rate. Robert can get this compressor for you I believe.[/url]
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks for the info. Would this size unit be sufficient to cool a 2 BR 2 BA, 14x70 singlewide mobile home?

Dave T.
Robert

Most likely it would. Definately if home is insulated well and belly/skirting sealed tight with good windows.

You would need a Manual J Load Calc to know for absolute certain what size is needed.

Does the outside Condenser have a Model Number still legible ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

Thanks for the reply Robert.

Are you talking about an ID plate on the outside of the package unit itself? There is one on the outside of the unit but the info is so faded that I can't read anything off of it. The only model number that I've been able to get is the one directly off of the condenser. That info is in my original post. Thanks very much.

Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Yep, that's why I asked if it was still legible. The manufacturers haven't had that light bulb go off in their collective heads yet about the model numbers.

Anyways, at 2.5 or 3 tons, it should be ok . That's fairly typical for that size home.

Again though, these are just experienced guesstimates from afar w/o seeing it. Only a Manual J Load Calc would say for sure.

Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?