duo therm furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sunrisekites

I have a duo therm model 305001006 furnace sn#a77005245. It is just blowing medium warm air. I checked the heat coils and found that 2 of the 3 are not turning on. I checked them and they heat up when conected to the wires of the one that does work. both of the elements that are not working share a 60 amp breaker. the element that is working comes from one of the 30 amp breakers inside the furnace. Is it possible the 60 amp breaker is broken? How can I tell for sure and where do i get a new one? the breaker has no markding other than a small sitcker that has a westinghoulse "w" and a CU AL 1 pole unit 40c on it. can you help me?
Dean
Robert

Hi Dean,

I answered your email, which had less info than what is here.

The link for the breaker I gave in my reply is for a breaker inside at front of furnace only.

IF the bad breaker is in the home main electrical service panel, you'll need to go to local electrical supply and get an overcurrent breaker.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?