International TAC 1043 Series oil furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

flemingb

We recently took this furnace out of the old trailer on the farm and have attempted to install it in the shop. The oil is gravity fed. Sometimes the flame like to go out then will boof back by itself or boof when lit again. This was with the float setting set between high and normal. When the float is put into the off position it seems to burn fine and does not seem to stop burning fuel as I could watch the fuel level go down in the clear section of the hose when the float was at off and should only burn what is left in the there. Another problem is when the furnace does burn and create heat the blower will not turn on. There are two probes or switches that are circular and the one has a reset button in the center of it. The bottom one when I tested it for power had power but the top one did not. The top one has a black wire that comes up from the bottom one and a white wire that goes back into the furnace. Where does this white wire go? Is the top switch bad. I also have the thermostat connected and set to 90 but I do not think that it is doing anything. Does it matter which of the two wires go to what terminal. I saw on the back of the thermostat that it was from june of 1958. Last but not least the combustion fan went out so there is a open hole there is the fan important to keep the furnace running.
Robert

Hi,

Don't have any data/info for that furnace and there are definately not any parts still available for it.

With limited experience on oil furnaces, no data/info and not being there, there is not much I can help with on this.

If you're talking about the two small round switches, it doesn't matter which terminal you connect either wire to.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?