blower motor banging

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Trickey280

we have a intertherm. the blower # is 441480. when it turns on it sounds like it is loose, it bangs ans bangs. Sometimes for a few seconds it will blow quiet. the furnace works great just the lose banging noise is so loud no one can hear anything. what could be loose? My husband is going to look at it when he gets home, just don't know what could be.
Robert

Hi,

Loose or out of balance blower wheel, a broken motor mounting bracket.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wingnut_721

robert, i have the same problem with my coleman furnace, and a month ago i took out the squirrel cage and blower assembly, wiped and blew all the dust out of every conceivable place, put it back in and the rumbling seems worse. I am wondering if I have a bearing out or something of that nature. should i try to readjust the two balancers on the wheel? what should i do?
thanx,
Larry
Robert

Hi Larry,

Please start a new thread with your questions, makes it easier to read the threads and different questions.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?