Cross-reference for Essex 8049 Relay

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jthanson

Hi all!

I have an old Wesco furnace and heat pump, model 21.OMC. The fan relay has burned out and it's an Essex 8049. I can't find anyone in my area who can give me a cross-reference for a modern relay so I can get a proper replacement. Does anyone here have a cross-reference? I suspect a Steveco 90-380 would work but I'd like to have more info if possible.

Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

We don't have any cross-reference data for that either.

Any relay with ability to do what is needed will work.

Is it controlled by a 24vac coil ?

If so, how many sets of contacts ?

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jthanson

It's a 24V coil with six contacts, which leads me to believe that the Steveco 90-380 would work since it's also a 24V, six-contact relay.
Robert

Six contact terminals other than the two for the coil ?

OR, six terminals including two for coil ?

Are all terminals and contacts used ?

It just has to have same coil voltage, same number of contacts that open/close in same pattern.

Also has to be compatible to all voltages used.

Look at current one and see if the contact sets are N.O. or N.C. and match those.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jthanson

There are a total of six contacts on the relay and all or them are used.

The voltages are compatible between the Steveco that I'm considering and the old Essex. I can't tell if the contact sets on the Essex are NO or NC. The #2 terminal is burned off of the relay. How could I tell if the contacts are NO or NC?
Robert

Hi,

With unit turned off, the position they are in, either closed or open.

Are they NO or NC in off mode ?

Here is the 24V coil / 6 terminal blower/fan relay we sell :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

Blower/Fan Relay # 3110-3301

Thanks,
Robert