Blower Motor Hummms

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ishkey

In the last two days the weather has been hot here in Atlanta GA my AC cycles like always but the last to days it started to have a motor hum when it tryies to come back on. No furnace blower rotation. The outside compressor is working. If I spin the fan it will start up. If I let the unit not run overnight I works as normal, but the problem starts over.

Intertherm MGH 055AB 1983
Relay R8280f 1035
Motor WestingHouse S#323P546 6206990
1/3hp 1100rpm 5spd 115v 5.5a
I have measured 24volt coming out of the 2 wire thermostat.
Could I have a Capacitor problem, relay problem, or is the motor starting to go. My thought is to replace all 3 as I only use the unit for AC considering the age. Any thoughts you have would help.
Robert

I would replace the run cap first by what you said.

IF motor was bad, it wouldn't run period no matter what you did, though motor could be going bad thus reason for bad run cap possibly.

Run Cap would need replacing with motor changeout anyway, so would replace it first.

If you need any price quotes or ordering info, let me know.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ishkey

A price qoute for ordering would be nice.
Can I order direct from mhr.com?
Robert

Hi,

Trying to get replacement info for motor as it has changed since original.

Will get that posted as soon as possible and you can then order from the site through PayPal.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # 620699 @ $282.00

Run Capacitor # 622133 @ $7.80

Blower Relay # 621867 @ $13.53

Shipping = $15 to $20

Blower Motor is still available and the p/n had not changed yet, but will have to be ordered in. Will be end of next week before it would get in.

If you can get the following info, may can get a compatible motor cheaper and sooner:

Shaft diameter and length
Motor diameter and length

May can get a complete blower assembly for cost of just the above motor too.

Mark will be out of town until Sunday night and we will gather all info and send Monday.

If you wish to go ahead and order the OEM motor and accessories,

you can do so by calling toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charging

to Visa or Mastercard or by having a PayPal Invoice sent via email

for payment .

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert