ac not up to par

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

crabbfan

need to see if i could get some help.my ac is blowing 65 degrees but the house is still warm.give me some ideas.goodman condenser and coil.heat is intertherm
Robert

Go here and look at cleaning your a/c and cleaning your furnace blower motor articles:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

That will show how to clean outside condenser, inside a-coil and blower motor, wheel and housing.

Clean or replace filter.

If still not working good, wrap fingers around biggest copper refrigerant line as it enters a-coil and see if it is cold.

May be low on refrigerant or have a restriction in discharge line .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
crabbfan

robert,on a 95 degree day,what should my pressures be.think the freon is ok though. my opinion, i need to take the coil out and clean it.tried once before and burned up my blower motor.im replacing my crossover tomorrow,my flex is destroyed.let me know about the pressures when you can buddy.thanks.
Robert

Hi,

The link I gave ya will tell and show how to clean everything without removing the a-coil.

Sometimes, removal is needed, but most times it's not.

Was that line cold I asked about ?

Too many variables go into charging a unit, too many for me to give an accurate pressure without being there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?