Intertherm A/C Help

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

carterw65

Hello All!

I have a 16x80 MH and I need to put A/C in it. I am considering a 3 ton unit, but I am not sure what A-Coil I need. I think it is uncased and here is the info on the Furnace/Exchanger.

Model # E1EH-015HA
53,500 BTU
Width 20 inches
Depth 24 or 25 inches measuring casing
Height 23 1/2 inches

Could anyone offer some advice?

Thanks so much,

Bill
Robert

Hi Bill,

Go here to our Nordyne (Intertherm) A/C page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneAC.html

It would depend on what Seer outside Condenser you got. We have some 10/12 Seer when we can get them (rare) and have 13 Seer.

You should get a Tech to do a ACCA Manual J Load Calc to determine correct size unit needed.

I am going to move this to the Nordyne forum tonight or tomorrow. Follow it there once it is moved.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
carterw65

Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have any of the A/C parts yet. No condensor or anything. The Mobile Home place said I needed a 3 ton 10 seer, but I was hoping to get a 13 seer for economy sake.

Thanks,

Bill
Robert

Hi Bill,

Nobody can say what size you need with certainty without doing the Load calc first.

They no longer make anything under 13 Seer, so any 10/12 Seer is only what is left unsold at this point.

If you go to the a/c store page link I gave, we have 3 Ton / 13 Seer available.

The A-Coils are all we sell along with any parts needed.

We do not sell condensers or furnaces.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
carterw65

Robert,

I am going to try to get the calc done. I have been trying to figure out a parts list. I know that I need a condensor, a-coil, copper lines, thermostat. Is there anything else I need, electronics maybe? I have a place to get the condensor, but I am sure I will need to get the a-coil from you.

Bill
Robert

Hi Bill,

Condenser pad, liquid line filter drier, wall disconnect box, electrical whip from disconnect to condenser, a-coil drain line, drainline trap, depending on furnace and t-stat, may need an a/c control box, may need an upgraded blower motor if yours is not a/c compatible.

Thanks,
Robert