Goodman PCK 036 10 seer, buzzing breaker panel

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

We have a packed unit described above. Gray and rectangular.
The A/C works fine, but the heater is a problem.

This morning, 58degrees outside, we turned on the unit for heat and after a while the 2 circuit breakers started to buzz softly, as if they were about to trip.

I imagine that the electric heat element came on and heat did indeed blow out the registers.

Being a heat pump, shouldn't the compressor be heard running since it is not really cold enough to kick in the electric element?

The neighbors unit, which looks similar, is running and making a sound like her A/C is running. You can hear the compressor.

I hope I have described the problem clearly enough.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi,

IF you have a Heat Pump t-stat, an outdoor t-stat on the Heat Pump condenser and have unit t-stat inside set for normal heat,your inside blower motor and outside condenser only should be running.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

Well I called the service people to come and do a system check.
Since we have only lived here since April.

Come to find out that IT IS NOT a heat pump.
It just looks like one.

It is ONLY an Air Conditioner with an electric heat strip.

If it poops out some day then we will get the proper one.

Thanks for the reply.

If the breaker keep humming or if it tips i will buy a new 40amp dual breaker. It's a 200amp service and probably 20 years old.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?