Replacement of Electric Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

summerhill

I have an older mobile home with a Wesco Air Comfort Division electric furnace, model # 15.7MC240V, (manufactured in the 1970's). I believe the company has evolved into Air Comfort, Inc. in Portland, Oregon.

I am starting to have problems with it (an element is currently burned out, etc.) and would like to replace it. Can you tell me of a source for a replacement unit with the following specs:

15 kw, 240V
Downflow unit
20" W x 20" D x 33" H

If I can't get a compatible size, where can I purchase the following elements (I am including all the numbers I could find):

5KW240V, 7434525, EPD833834, 120402
10KW240V, 7434505, EPD829830, 120403

Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

Look at this pic :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 23A536.jpg

Are your element coils ran this way ?

In other words, do they run through round insulators or do they hook onto insulators from side ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
summerhill

Hi Robert,

The picture is pretty close to what I have. I didn't pull the element out, but the outside looks very similar.

The unit is so old, and has had a couple other problems, so I'd like to replace it with a new furnace if possible. If that's not possible (without a lot of hassle) then a new element would be good to have.

Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

We don't sell complete units, just the parts for them as needed.

For yours, IF it has elements strung same as pic, you can buy restring kits and restring the coils or send to us to have them restrung for you.

To get a new furnace, you can look online or for best results, have an HVAC company come out and give an estimate.

It would have to be for a mobile home as for as the blower motor .

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
summerhill

Thanks for your help, Robert!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert