Help, My Miller furnace won't turn on.

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jesse

Hi everyone my name is Jesse this is my first post. It is now getting cold here and I needed to turn the heat on.

The furnace(Miller gun model#FS-LS) does nothing when the thermostat is turned on. I hear the thermostat click when I turn it up above room temperature, so I believe that it is functioning correctly. None of the circuits are tripped in the fuse box, and when I press the reset button on the furnace it still does nothing. What am I missing here?

In previous years I have had to bleed the feed line, and then the furnace would work. Last year I had a tech. from the Kero company come and service the furnace, It was running rough and was all gunked up. When he was done(if I remember correctly he replaced the electrodes.) it ran fine all winter. Now it does nothing. I am short on cash now so I would like to check out as many things as I can before I call in a tech. Thanks.

Jesse
Robert

Hi Jesse,

Welcome aboard. Follow all things done in previous years. Check for power from t-stat to the furnace.

You have to first establish power to furnace which may be lost.

Other than that, I would wait on the Tech due to the experience and tools needed to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jesse

Thanks for the reply. I got it working. I tried a few things and then it would run but not the blower motor. I bled the line and then it started. Thanks again.

Jess
Robert

Hi Jess,

You're very welcome, glad you got it going.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?