LSI pilot options

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dean2

Hi,,I have a Lier Siegler AGC63. A friend with expierience and I installed it. Where can I get a new pilot jet(propane) or is there an elctronic conversion kit? An elec ignition would be great.

The orig furnaces'(MH is a 76)pilot would blow out so I extended the exhaust wich fixed that but the manifold was rusted to crap and this furnace then came to My attention so I bought it.It works great but the pilot flame is large and activates the fan for brief periods all too often..

I do'nt know how old the LSI is but there's a HUD approval sticker on it. I realize I should get a new high efficiancy but for now would like to have this one working..I live in NE IA and winter's on the way..TY.

Dean
hvac1000

Lier Siegler has been out of business for quite sometime. They were bought out by LSI Home furnace company then I believe Miller furnace company.

If this is just a orifice for the pilot I suggest you take out the pilot assembly and take it to a Mobile home supply/repair shop.

OR in our area the propane company has a service division and I believe they will be able to help you. If the orifice is separate but contained below the pilot burner all you will need to do is by the orifice not the entire burner.

NOTE : If you have not changed your main burner orifice you have to change that also. A natural gas orifice with propane gas as fuel will be much to large and if not changed it will cause heat exchanger and other damage not to mention it will not be safe. The Propane dealer will also have the main orifice also.

You can forget trying to convert to a spark ignition. I have around forty years experience in the HVAC industry and trying to convert a mobile home furnace to spark is ignition a no no. My mobile home furnace is still a standing pilot and I do not feel comfortable doing the change over.Many reasons for that statement but mainly the furnace was not listed and labeled for that type control, and if not designed for spark originally it could go BANG and you do not want to be around when that happens with propane.

Good hunting
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi Dean,

Just agreeing with HVAC1000 here. I was reading your post when he replied, no need to add anything.

I have 28 years in this trade, so that is 68 years of advice right there,LOL.

Thanks for inquiring.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hvac1000

Hi Robert

I guess that make you a little younger than I am. LOL. Have a good day and hope you are getting a little rest after such a hot and busy summer.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi HVAC,

Yep, but the gap she be a closing, LOL. I'm 48 years of whatever.

Getting enough rest, been a long summer and had some health issues that I'm dealing with, which is really the norm these days.

Headed to a Chiropractor in a few trying to avoid another surgery from my Law Enforcement injuries that retired me.

Hope all is well up your way.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dean2

Many thanks Guys..I was told it was set up for propane and it was running on propane as temporary heat in a country house under construction(I'm a drywaller)when it was offered for Me to buy after winter. Now it seems it will be wise to approach as if it is'nt converted yet just to be sure.

Dean