Miller furnace conversion

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

calderhill

I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home of indeterminate age, that I am renovating for a family. The furnace label says it can be gas or oil fired. At the moment it is running perfectly, in all respects, on kerosene in the oil tank! I am told it originally was on natural gas which is available at the site. The wishes are to return it to burn NG. I don't need specifics as I won't be doing the conversion, if possible, but what is involved time wise and money wise. TIA for your interest.
Greg

I am not a HVAC man, but I believe that the burner (gun) assy. gets switched out. I did one on an old home that I lived in 30 years ago. 3 bolts, fuel line and plug it in.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
calderhill

Thanks Greg. That's what it looks like to me. It's obvious the oil burner gun is way newer than the rest of the furnace. I'll find some one after the holiday and hope I get a reasonable price. I really don't like working around NG.