gas valve clicking 3 times not 1

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tim

I have an Intertherm M1Mc 070a and I just replaced the pressure switch. Before that went bad, I'm pretty sure the gas valve only clicked once before closing the circuit and opening the valve. After I replaced the pressure switch (valve) it clicked twice. Now it is clicking 3 times before it opens and lets gas go through it for the burner. I hear the click on the board, but then 3 clicks on the gas valve as though it is straining to figure how to open. Any thoughts on why this might be and if it is a problem? If so, any fixes come to mind? Thanks.

Edit: I will add to this, that it could be the board clicking, but I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I can see the valve and heater apparatus actually moving or feeling like it wants to move when it clicks. Until it turns on of course. Just more thoughts for you to ponder.

Tim

:D
DaleM

First thing to do is test this with the thermostat OUT of the system. Turn the furnace off at the rocker switch on the left side of the unit. Locate the red and white 24v thermostat wires on the furnace. Disconnect the thermostat field wiring and twist the red and white wires from the furnace together. Turn the furnace switch ON. What happens??