Nordyne E1EH-015HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Martin6730

Hello when winter started I turned my heater on for the first time and was working fine. The next time it was used(month later) it took a few minutes before it started blowing hot air. The third time it was used the blower would come on but no hot air. Do I have a bad heating element or sequencer? How do I check them to see which is bad? Can I just check voltage with a meter and what voltage should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DaleM

Normal operation can be checked with a meter able to measure 240v ac. When the thermostat calls for heat the sequencer will turn on the blower and 1 element. Check for power at each element with the meter. As the furnace continues to run you will hear a series of clicks. Thats the sequencer bringing the other elements online. As you hear those clicks continue to check power at each element. At some point all elements should have power, if not the sequencer is bad. If they have power and are not heating then you need to do a continuity test on each element to see which ones are bad. Be sure to do that with the power OFF!