Nordyne E3EB-015H Filters

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ShenPixel

Hi, I have a few questions about filters for my furnace, I have an Intertherm furnace with a miller heat pump model E3EB-015H. It has the metal mesh filters on the ac coil, they are a pain for me to take on and off and seem to get dirty really quick.

I have a disability and was trying to find out if I can use some sort of pre-filter in the door to cut down on the dust/pet hair getting to the mesh filters. I live on a dusty gravel road and have two Pomeranian's. The dust and pet hair builds up pretty bad between cleanings.

I've read on this site about a hog hair filter but my furnace did not come with retaining clips on the door (home was ordered July 2010), would 669064R Large Hogs Hair Filter work as a pre-filter? I believe my door is 1/2"x20"x28", would the large filter fit snug enough to not need the clips? And would it be safe to continue to use the mesh filters at the same time without restricting air flow?

Last but not least, Is there a suggested way to clean the mesh filters? Currently we are hosing them off outside but they still look dirty/stained. The service lady for Clayton told us to put them in the dishwasher, we did, and one broke the first time. Clayton replaced them but offered no other cleaning suggestions.

Thanks for your time and any help y'all can offer.